Kéos, the Ananké Ecocompressor is a cogeneration unit that allows the simultaneous production of compressed air and useful heat from any thermal source above 450°C (fatal heat, biogas combustion…). This solution unables to recover wasted heat, especially in industrial lines such as metallurgy, glassmaking or chemistry.
This cogenerator is a solution which strengthens the energy mix. Industrial processes generate heat flows that can be efficiently recovered. Thanks to a fatal heat recovery capacity that goes up to 90%, this technology affords a higher production with less primary energy, thus reducing the environmental footprint. Thermodynamic conversion allows the production of 25% mechanical energy and 75% thermal energy.
The Externally Heated Valve Engine (E.H.V.E) definitively stands as the module’s heart. It relies on the principle of the Ericsson engine and operates between two external heat sources via heat exchangers. It’s valves are dedicated to the working fluid flow control (during the gaseous phase) through a compression chamber and an expansion chamber.
- Mechanical output power: 40 kW
- Overall efficiency: higher than 70%
- Thermomechanical efficiency: higher than 25%
- Fumes characteristics: Gas heat recovery from 300 Nm3/h and 350 °C
- Compressed air flow rate at 8 bar relative pressure: 340 Nm3/h
- Dimensions: 6-foot container (L 1800mm x l 1750mm x h 1900mm)